Every website likes to include speed in their bucket list. By increasing speed of the website, it is possible to transform traffic into a paying client. Boost in the loading speed is wished by any industry. In this way, an improved user experience can be offered. Enhancement of speed can lead to increase in the website ranking also. Now, the question is how we can achieve fast website. From the experts, you may able to hear answer and it is image optimization.
Tips for Image Optimization
Following tips may able to help you to deal with the image optimization.
1. Right Format
Choosing a proper format for your picture may be necessary as every format comes with a specific requirement.
• JPEG: For complex coloring, real world images and still images, JPEG is considered as the best option.
• PNG: Flat images and logo are best represented with PNG.
• GIF: In case of animated graphics, images with low resolution, simple images and small icons are presented with this format. However, it is better to avoid GIF format. Instead, you can go with the webp or mp4 format.
• TIFF: Large sized high quality print graphics can be showcased best with TIFF
• WebP: It is best format for modern image that delivers superior compression and maintains quality at the same time.
By picking the right format, bandwidth consumption can be reduced. Load speed of a website can be reduced with the process too. One of the new formats to join the list is AVIF. Good quality image format can be covered with the process. It is possible to surpass WebP in the process too. In terms of size, 50% can be saved with AVIF in comparison to WebP.
Next generation formats like AVIF and WebP are trending now-a-days.
2. Image Compression
Lossless compression: Unnecessary metadata is generally removed from the images. Quality of the image may not degrade
on the occasion too. Erasing the metadata, image can be showcased within the application or a website.
Lossy compression: Quality of image may be reduced on the occasion. Smaller sized image may be obtained in the
3. CDN should not be removed
CDN and Image optimization are compatible with each other. Optimizing the image, it must be delivered quickly also. Benefit from an optimized image cannot be taken if it cannot be transported quickly enough. Through CDN, everything can be taken care of.