In case designing a brand new website or redesigning an old one, it is important to know what you must include. Creating an impression on the customer is essential. Here is a list regarding important elements of a website.
1. Look for a Higher Purpose
Delivering the message from the brand to the customer and persuading them to come onboard is essential for the success. Through traditional forms of advertising like television and prints ads, new customers are gained in the earlier times.
However, digital advertising, social media and websites are being used now-a-days as a mode of advertising. By using these tools, companies have been informing others about their products and services efficiently now.
In order to measure success of a company, defining goals are necessary. It is important to have a website that matches well with your business strategy. Content, look and organization of the website must be done accordingly also.
Several purposes such as brand awareness building and customer base expansion can be achieved through a website.
• Lead Generation: To maintain contact with the customers further, promotions, newsletter and webinars can be utilized. Requirement of a call to action button may be felt on the occasion to get email address of the customer for the purpose of lead generation. Email address of customer can be obtained through contact form, sign up and various other modes with the webpage. Search engine optimization of website enables the customers to reach your company.
• Brand Awareness: Through a website, voice is offered to a business. In this way, they can create their own identity. It is also important to establish how your company is different from others. For creation of identity, logos, design esthetics and imagery can be tried. Strong impression can be created on the mind of customer with the process.
• Customer Support: If customer service of your company is not good enough then you may fail even if you have an attractive look. Patience may be the key on the occasion. Goal of the customer is to find enough information about your company in minimum time possible. Therefore, it is better to include contact information within the website. Tutorials, guides and videos must be included also.
2. Brand Voice
For a website, it is essential to create a distinct voice. As a result, it may not get lost in the crowd of companies. Personality must be reflected with the content of the website. It is possible to stand out with unique and exclusive content. The website should be loaded with information. However, it must be presented in an interesting and engaging manner. So that the customer gets the necessary information and do not feel the boredom.
3. Structure must be followed
Logically, information architecture must be placed. Same is true for the navigation system also. Pathways should be designed in a way that the customer does not feel lost. Important section as well as CTAs must be placed in key position to attract the eyes. Repeatable pattern must be utilized for navigation as it gives a certain level of uniformity.